A Permanent Residence Card, most commonly known as a Green Card, allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. If you are a Green Card holder whose card is either expired or will expire within the next 6 months, it should be renewed.

Detail Description:

If you are a permanent resident whose green card has expired or will expire within the next 6 months, you may begin the renewal process. There are two ways to renew, by e-filing a completed Form I-90, or by physically mailing it in. You may also start the renewal process if you are outside of the United States and your Green Card will expire within 6 months and you will return within a year of your departure and before the card expires.


Upon filing for Green Card renewal, your application may either be approved or denied. If it is denied, you will receive a letter detailing the reasons why. You are not allowed to appeal. However, you may submit a motion to reopen or reconsider with the same office. This is asking for the USCIS office to reexamine or reconsider the decision. This process requires new facts and appropriate documentary evidence or establish that the decision to deny your application was based on incorrect application of the law or immigration policy.


A significant understanding of immigration law and policy is needed to begin the process of having your application reopened or reconsidered. Having an experienced support you is imperative to minimize time and errors. The Green Card is a very important legal document and its renewal process can be very difficult to handle alone. Our lawyers can save you time, money, and unneeded frustrations.


E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security


New York Financial District Headquarters

88 Pine Street 18th fl

New York, NY 10005

347 - 897 - 6199

Irvine Office

8 Corporate Park, Ste 300

Irvine, CA 92606

949 - 430 - 6329

New York Flushing Office

136-20 38th Avenue, Ste 3B

Flushing, NY 11354

646 - 500 - 8668



Pursuant to the amendments to the New York Rules of Professional Conduct governing attorney advertising in New York, this website may constitute advertising. Viewers of this website are advised that: Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome. Attorney Advertising © 2020 Jia Law Group P.C. All Rights Reserved.

Icons made by Freepik from www.flaticon.com